A service grant can make your idea for a service-learning focused community project or initiative a reality. Made possible by the Kilkenny Service and Leadership Fund, service grants provide up to $1,000 for you or your student organization to design, implement, and assess an initiative that directly engages students in positively impacting our communities.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, meaning they will be accepted throughout the academic term. Applications for summer term 2021 are open and close on August 20, 2021.
Recipients will be notified of award decisions within 2–4 weeks of their application submission. Students and student groups can submit more than one application, if they are for different projects.
Students and student groups are required to complete projects within 12 months of the award notice, or the end of the term following the student’s final term of enrollment in the university, whichever comes first. This means projects can span more than one academic year.
Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate:
- students providing direct service to the community organization
- a service-learning component
- collaborative group participation
- a lasting impact on the community
- Applicants must be a UO student currently enrolled full time or a student organization registered with the Associate Students of the University of Oregon (ASUO) or recognized by an official university department.
- Projects must include a local community organization (defined as a non-profit or public agency) with service being done off campus.
- Photographs and information about the award recipients and project will be featured on the Holden Center website and other UO affiliated publications. All images taken by the participants must follow UO photography guidelines.
- The Holden Center must be recognized in all event promotions following university brand standards.
Impact from Past Service Grants
Patrick and Stephanie Kilkenny
The Kilkenny Service and Leadership Fund supported the creation of the Student Service Grant program, which provides multiple grants of up to $1,000 to help students participate in hands-on educational projects. This project has helped students design creative ways to serve while supporting communities. We are honored to have their support and thank them for their committment to our Ducks and the community.