Everyone has different strengths, talents, and leadership styles. CliftonStrengths can help you discover and maximize your innate talents to achieve success, improve your leadership skills, empower yourself and others, and make powerful, positive contributions that can drive positive outcomes. By completing the CliftonStrengths online, 30-minute assessment, you will learn what your top five talents are and receive a customized report with information to help guide you in how to use your talents most effectively.
To get your access code to take the assessment, register for an individual consultation.
Individual Strengths Consultation
After you have explored your top five strengths and talents, our staff can provide you with an individual strengths consultation. An individual strengths consultation can help you:
- Develop your leadership capacity;
- Gain self-awareness and self-understanding;
- Increase your relational effectiveness;
- Increase your organizational effectiveness;
- Adopt a strengths-based perspective and outlook to your academics, career, and relationships;
- Learn your individual talents and strengths, with corresponding insights, applications, and action items; and
- Understand the potential shadow sides of your strengths.
Group Strengths Consultations
Your student group, organization, or class is at its best if its members build on and encourage each other’s strengths. A group strengths consultation can help your group become a stronger, more dynamic, and inclusive team that values each member’s strengths and talents. This group strengths consultation will be formatted as a 2-hour workshop. (We can also do two 1-hour workshops if that is more accessible to your team.) A group strengths consultation can help your group:
- Learn to develop relationships within your team;
- Learn what natural talents and strengths each team member brings to the group, and how to capitalize on those contributions;
- Understand how your individual strengths benefit the team;
- Understand what potential shadow sides relate to your role on the team;
- Brainstorm strategies your team can use to work well together; and
- Redefine what success looks like for your team.
Prior to the workshop, each group member will need to complete the CliftonStrengths assessment, the results of which the facilitator will use to compile an organizational “map” of the group’s talents. Please note: In the group option, each person will take the assessment, but will not have an individual consultation. They will have the opportunity to learn about their strengths during the group consultation.
Please contact us three to four weeks before the session date so that we can help plan your session and provide you with instructions and steps you need to take prior to your workshop. Only one person (faculty member, leader, or group representative) should fill out the form to request this group strengths consultation. Our staff will contact that person to share assessment codes with the group. There is no need for all group members to fill out the form separately.
CliftonStrengths Assessment Policies and Procedures
The Holden Center provides an opportunity for UO students to engage in the CliftonStrengths assessment in order to discover and maximize innate talents to achieve success, improve leadership skills, and make positive contributions that can empower others.
The Holden Center is partially student-fee funded, and we strive to be the best stewards of those funds possible. Effective August 1, 2019:
- For any codes that are provided or purchased, the student is required to engage in either an individual or group consultation.
- For any individual currently enrolled as a UO student with a 95#, the cost to complete the CliftonStrengths assessment and to participate in a standard 60-minute consultation is free (as long as access codes are still available). Students are permitted to take the CliftonStrengths assessment once on the UO platform throughout their time at the university.
- Larger groups, such as departments or student organizations, will be asked to contribute to cover the cost of the access codes. Each access code is $11.99. We hope to remove as many barriers as possible, so if your group in unable to afford partial or full coverage of the codes, please let us know. We are happy to work with you.
- Larger groups may also be asked to engage in group consultations, rather than individual.
If you have questions about this, please contact Hannah White at email@example.com.