A service grant can make your idea for a community engagement project or initiative a reality. Made possible by the Kilkenny Service and Leadership Fund, service grants provide up to $1,000 to you or your student organization to design, implement, and assess an initiative that engages students and community members in positively impacting our communities.
Applications are being accepted for 2017 projects and are due Monday, November 21, 2016 by 5:00 p.m.
Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate that they:
- provide direct service to the community organization;
- involve collaborative group participation; and
- are sustainable beyond the grant year.
- Applicants must be a UO student currently enrolled full time or a student organization registered with the Associate Students of the University of Oregon (ASUO) or recognized by an official university department.
- Projects must include a local community organization with service being done off campus.
- Projects must be able to be completed by Friday, May 26, 2017.
- Student groups may submit multiple proposals.
- Photographs and information about the award recipients and project will be featured on the Holden Center website and other UO affiliated publications. All images taken by the participants must follow UO photography guidelines.
- The Holden Center must be recognized in all event promotions following university brand standards.
Patrick and Stephanie Kilkenny
The Kilkenny Service and Leadership Fund supported the creation of the Student Service Grant program, which provides multiple grants of up to $1,000 to help students participate in hands-on educational projects. This project has helped students design creative ways to serve while supporting communities. We are honored to have their support and thank them for their committment to our Ducks and the community.