Finding your dream job is tough enough. Be sure that you're ready when you do.
In addition to earning an official certificate of completion, participants of the Men's Professional Development Series will learn ways to stand out from other applicants and to be better prepared for success from the moment they launch their professional careers. They'll discover tips and tricks for forging valuable professional connections, creating strong resumes, acing job interviews, managing projects, and developing important leadership skills.
Whatever stage of your academic career you're in, it's never too soon to start building toward your vision of professional success.
About the Series
The Men’s Professional Development Series is a six-session series that will meet Tuesdays from 3:00–3:50 p.m. for weeks 3-8 of fall term. Topics include:
- Session 1 (October 12): Professional Development 101: Capitalizing on your College Career
- Session 2 (October 19): What is Leadership?: Defining Your Role as a Young Professional
- Session 3 (October 26): Project Management
- Session 4 (November 2): Networking Skills
- Session 5 (November 9): Professional Development Skills: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Session 6 (November 16): Interview and Application Skills
Participants who attend at least five of the six sessions will receive an official certificate of completion.
Registration for the fall 2021 series is now closed. Applications for the winter 2022 series will open in December 2021.